Monday, October 6, 2008

Madeleine L'Engle



Madeleine L'Engle

November 29, 1918 - September 6, 2007



As a lifelong bibliophile, I still have a collection of books that I adored as a child. Madeleine L'Engle time series was one of my favorites. It was also the first science fiction/fantasy that I read. I always loved the time books - A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, and An Acceptable Time.

Later in my life, I rediscovered Madeleine L'Engle as a writer for adults and a Christian writer. She wrote fiction and non-fiction. One of my favorites is Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art. A prolific writer of over 60 books, she brought great joy to many readers across the age spectrum.

When I learned of her death, I picked up my long loved copy of A Wrinkle in Time and rediscovered the joy she had given me so very long ago.

Farewell, Madeleine L'Engle. Thank you for the journeys!

http://www.madeleinelengle.com/






No comments: