The Sunday Philosophy Club
Alexander McCall Smith
Alexander McCall Smith brings his energetic and delightful writing (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series) to an entirely different setting in Scotland with charming Isabel Dalhousie. Far from Botswana, he creates another great female character to journey with.
Isabel is the editor of the Review of Applied Ethics... a pursuit which brings her to apply her sense of ethical right and wrong to amateur sleuthing! At a concert, she catches the eye of man tumbling to his death from the balcony and it sure there is something more than a fall....
It is an interesting journey through the genteel homes and lives of Edinburgh.
A delightful read!! I will look forward to continuing the series!
Sunday Philosophy Club Series:
- Friends, Lovers and Chocolate (2005)
- The Right Attitude to Rain (2006)
- The Careful Use of Compliments (2007)
- The Comfort of Saturdays (2008)
- The Lost Art of Gratitude (2009)
- The Charming Quirks of Others (2010)
- The Forgotten Affairs of Youth (2011)
- The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (2012)